GINU Is Hiring A Biologist
Duration: Term ending March 31, 2026
Reports to: Research Director
The Gespe’gewa’gi Institute of Natural Understanding (GINU) is a non-profit organization that aims to improve the environment and to support our member communities in the areas of research, education, and cultural values. GINU office is located in Listuguj, within the traditional district of Gespe’gewa’gi.
GINU is looking for a biologist to join the team. The successful candidate will oversee the assessment of restoration success and response of freshwater biota in coastal zones. Sampling will be variable (water chemistry, periphyton, macroinvertebrates, fish communities). The biologist will also assist with other restoration activities in rivers and streams.
Work hours are typically 8:30am-4:30pm with occasional overtime. Working language: English
- Lead fieldwork activities
- Data collection
- Data entry and QA/QC
- Sample sorting
- Maintenance of equipment
- Data analysis
- Report writing
- Assesses the environments and habitats of marine organisms.
- Presentations to partners and community members
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Drivers license
- Work well in diverse teams: Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to remain tactful and professional when managing groups with various opinions and goals
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field required
- Field work experience required
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Prolonged periods of working outdoors
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: July 23, 2023 at 12:00pm