GINU Is Hiring A Research Technician
Position: Research Technician
Duration: Term ending March 31, 2026
Reports to: Research Director
The Gespe’gewa’gi Institute of Natural Understanding (GINU) is a non-profit organization that aims to improve the environment and to support our member communities in the areas of research, education, and cultural values. GINU office is located in Listuguj, within the traditional district of Gespe’gewa’gi.
The research technician will provide support to the research departments research and habitat restoration projects.
- Assist in conducting field research and surveys to collect data and samples of water, soil, and plant and animal populations
- Assist in conducting biological, microbiological and biochemical tests and laboratory analyses
- Assist in analysis of data and preparation of reports
- Travel to field sites, periodic overnight travel
- Occasionally take training on research related subjects
- Other duties as assigned
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Drivers license
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a one to two-year college program or combination of skills and experience
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of working outdoors
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at times.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline to apply: July 23, 2023 at 12:00pm